Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Conversation

I've been speaking to one of my very good female friends lately, and it has come to my attention that she doesn't really have any particular interests.

Me and my close friend groups discuss a wide range of topics; music, films, games, comics and anime, but this girl, and apparently quite a few others aren't interested in anything like that.

Which begs the question: what the fuck DO people talk about?
It generally confounds me. I presume they just talk about their lives, or what they did at the weekend or they bitch about people but it sounds pretty boring to me. If someone doesn't have any mutual hobbies or  interests with their friends, then how are they even friends in the first place. Pretty strange in my opinion.

Edit: Vienna raised a good point about TV, but this girl doesn't really watch TV. A lot of people just watch the same shows as each other, usually trivial things, which don't exactly promote discussion.

Maybe I'm just being strange or autistic or something

13 comments:

  1. I really couldn't put my finger on any one thing. I used to be awful at conversation because I just felt I'd nothing worth saying but as I learnt that no-one really had any worth saying I got a lot better at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally the people I know tend to talk about what has happened on TV...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Statistically, the most common topic of conversation (particularly in small talk) is the weather. It effects everybody and you're not a jerk if you have an opinion on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true about the weather, sports is probably another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats strange :P i have TONS of interest :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually found this to be extremely strange too. I'm a girl but I can't stand to be around certain groups of girls because they seem to be completely empty...All they discuss is gossip and what they did last night. It's like a bad twitter in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember with my ex we talked 4 hours a day about sex and stuff, phone was always dead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. People baffle me dude. just stop trying to figure them out. a3

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive found that most people dont seem interesting when you get to know them and this reflects badly on their creative ability

    which is a damn shame considering most people are really holding themselves back...kind of a waste of a life in a way

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know people like this, in fact a few of my good friends arent really into much at all. This was fine through most of high school but since then, unless we're getting drunk then they're pretty boring lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel you, bro. I've found that a lot of people just like talking about themselves. It's kind of sad, really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heres a hint, the problem is your freinds

    ReplyDelete