Thursday, 28 April 2011

Game Idea

So me and a friend of mine are interested in making a game.
Loads of ideas get thrown around and we never follow them through, but I liked this one so much that I want to blog it for future reference.

The plan is to make a simple platformer with a nice physics engine, where you have to use the momentum of your character to do anything. You'd need a big run up to kill enemies, overcome obstacles and break shit down.
Like you could roll into a ball and roll down a hill to break through a wall or smash an enemy.

As illustrated by this terrible sketch

Levels would get more complicated to solve, making stuff harder to break or enemies harder to kill, and requiring the player to set up stuff like springs or trampolines to swing your momentum through the stage.

Bosses would work like stages where you have to figure out how to use your momentum to get into a position where you can smack his weak point or something.

As illustrated by THIS terrible sketch.

I know the sketches are bad and the ideas are vague but I'd like to know what people think, and also tell me if there's a game already like this so we can avoid being too unoriginal.

16 comments:

  1. you mean like Sonic the Hedgehog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only game I can think of that is similar to this is Loco Rocos for the PSP. YouTube it to see if it is too similar: rolling a round object in a well-crafted physics system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah LocoRoco is what this reminded me of

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks pretty cool, don't give up on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah me and my two best friends come up with ideas all the time, non are in action lol. Sorry to say this game kind of already exists in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good, are you going to actually make it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love physics-based games. I say go for it. Worst case scenario, it doesn't really go anywhere, but you learn a lot and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good idea, man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even if this has been done before if you get any progress done on this and need testers, I'd be happy to! +Follow

    ReplyDelete
  10. That actually sounds like quite a bit of fun. I miss platformers. I feel like I abandoned them for shiny RPGs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey man, I like it. See if you can utilise some physics libraries already made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't seen anything like this before, get flash, best thing for begginer game makers, and AS3 isn't very hard to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you keep at it, I'd love to see a final release.

    ReplyDelete