Saturday, 23 April 2011

Always bet on Duke.


So there's been a lot of hype about this game. Up until a few months ago it was considered vaporware (a game or program that's been in development hell for so long it doesn't seem likely to be released), and even now it's getting delayed like a month.

I admire Gearbox for picking the title up, and I'm looking forward to the release (if I could afford the balls of steel edition then I'd get that in a heartbeat). But I'm a little worried about them making a mess of it, like making it too much like current consolized FPS games such as Call of Duty.

There's also been a lot of controversy surrounding the misogyny and general crudeness of the titular character. I don't mind this particularly but I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

9 comments:

  1. Im about to kick ass and chew gum, but I'm all out of gum

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow cant believe its coming out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to play it.

    Duke nukem is my religion

    ReplyDelete
  4. after years of uncertainty, this will be interesting game to go through and see if anyone else liked it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just need a different console rather than what I have now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neven played a Duke game, but the coverage for this one kinda got my interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait since first announcement years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am a little unsure as to how this game is going to turn out, but that won't stop me from buying it the day it comes out!

    ReplyDelete